Hair extensions are meant to provide volume and length to your hair in case you have thin or short hair. But sometimes we find it difficult to blend hair extensions in thin hair seamlessly.
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you have thin hair and you're using hair extensions :
- Choose the right hair extensions : Make sure that the extensions you use are not bulky and are not too many sections into one piece. Choose small pieces so that they also hold on well to your hair and don't appear bulky.
- Form a strong grip : To make sure that the hair extensions don't feel too heavy and stay well on the hair, use hairspray near the roots and tease the roots a little. It will form a strong grip for the clip-in hair extensions and will also be comfortable to wear!
- Find your safe zone : The safe zone is the area of the head from where the extensions are not seen. It could be the lower side of the head, or the middle part, depending on the size of your head. Go ahead and try various areas and find the zone most suited to you. It may take a while to finally figure it out, but it's the most important step!
- Spread the hair extension pieces : Use small sections of your hair extensions on those areas which have very less volume. For every girl those areas would be different so it completely depends on you where you want to use them.
- Styling the hair extensions : Add mild waves or curls to your hair extensions to give them a natural look. This way they will get perfectly blended with your natural hair and will not appear to be alien-like.